Kevin M. Sullivan, the AMLP's General Manager
AMLP's Quick Answers to Most-asked Customer Questions
Click on each tab below to learn more. Don't see your question below? Please call, visit or send us an email.
- 1. Secure Electronic BillPay. Click here to learn more, or to pay now by electronic check or credit card.
- 2. AMLP offers a Pay By Phone option to our customers for 24/7 payments by phone. Call 855-760-0923.
- 3. By mail using the enclosed envelope that comes with your bill. Our mailing address is: Ashburnham Municipal Light Plant, PO Box 823, Ashburnham, MA 01430
- 4. By stopping by our office with cash or a check. Our physical address is 24 Williams Rd, Ashburnham, MA. We're open Mon-Fri 7:30am-4pm.
Please call us at (978) 827-4423, visit our office or send us an email and we will be glad to generate a duplicate bill for you.
Service changes can be initiated as follows:
New Customers: Stop by our office or submit an Online Application to sign up for your service.
Renters, Commercial and Industrial Customers: Please stop by our office at least a week in advance so that we can complete your paperwork. A deposit is required.
Other Parties: See us to sign up for your service.
* IMPORTANT: Please bring a valid ID.
** All deposits must be paid by cash or by check.
*** New houses require an AMLP Representative assessment before a price is determined.
See AMLP's Terms & Conditions of Service here.
Please call us or stop in Monday-Friday between 7:30am and 4pm. You can also contact us by Email here. We will help you understand the charge and assist you in reviewing and resolving your issue. We're located at 24 Williams Road in Ashburnham.
1. Season Reasons: In winter, cold snaps in some months can increase your bill by more than 10% as your heating increases. Because the sun sets earlier, you may use more lighting than you do in other seasons. Also, the type of clothing we wear is usually heavier in winter requiring longer electric dryer time. In cold weather, many people move inside and use more energy for lighting, cooking and entertainment. Even the types of food we cook in winter tend to be different and require longer cooking times.
In summer, the children are home. The hot, humid weather calls for more air conditioning and dehumidifier use. This alone can increase cooling costs by 10% or more. You may also use more energy for cooking outdoors, cleaning, home improvement projects and heating swimming pools.
2. Billing Periods: A typical billing period is between 29 and 31 days, but holidays may make your billing period up to 35 days long. A difference of 5 days on your bill can increase your bill by 17 percent.
3. Holidays: During holidays, you might use more energy for cooking, cleaning, lighting and heating for company.
4. If You Have Electric Heat: Consumption and therefore, the rate at which you are using electricity, adds up quickly—resulting in a higher bill during periods of cold weather.
For outage and safety reasons, please phone us directly 24/7 to report trouble at (978) 827-4423. Your call may be monitored and recorded. Do NOT report outages via email or Facebook. In safety emergencies only, please dial 911.
To report a streetlight out, please call us at (978) 827-4423 or send us an Email here. If it's outside of our regular business hours, please leave a message with our 24-hour answering service with the exact location of the pole and light in question.
Since 2015, the AMLP has had a solar mortorium in place. We are hopeful to have this removed in 2019 after our battery storage system comes online. If a home generator will be used during a power outage, it is mandatory to notify the wiring inspector and the AMLP. Please call us at (978) 827-4423 and we'll be happy to discuss your project details.
YES. IT'S THE LAW. Not including weekends or holidays, you must allow a response time of 72 hours for the area where the work is to be properly marked out. CALL 811 or click here.
Planning a home improvement job? Planting a tree? Installing a fence or deck? WAIT! Whether you are planning to do it yourself or hiring a professional, smart digging means doing the following. CALL DIG SAFE BEFORE YOU DIG at 811.
Please call, do not send an email. A DIG SAFE Representative will send out someone to mark underground facilities. Caution: the depth of utility lines varies and there may be multiple utility lines in a common area.
AMLP offers a Prompt Payment Discount to save you money. We also encourage people with low incomes to contact Fuel Assistance at (978) 342-4520 to see if you qualify and to find out the proper way to apply for assistance. AMLP can also sometimes help steer customers to local groups that can provide help.
AMLP is part of an energy assistance program along with other municipal light plants in MA called HELPS (Home Energy Loss Prevention Services). Call our office for the information at (978) 827-4423 or call HELPS toll-free at 1 (888) 333-7525. An Appliance Rebate Program is also handled via this partnership. Click here to learn more.